December 13, 2013
Assembled, Zipped, Transferred and Downloaded: Digital News
By Tom Spurgeon
* Broken Telephone was funded
, although not by a significant margin.
* the writer, editor and cartoonist Shaenon Garrity, one of my favorite people to read on any subject related to comics she cares to cover, discusses the notion
of work being reposted or otherwise used without attribution.
* you can sign up here
to be notified when the Tripwire
app is ready for download. I don't even know what that means, but now I'm worried I've forgotten to do something.
* Stephanie McMillan has a new book out
and would like to tell you why capitalism sucks and what can be done to crush it into dust.
* the writer about and writer of comics Sean T. Collins has moved a bunch of his webcomics reviews to a devoted tumblr
* nice to see some of the old Big Mouth
comics will be getting at run at Boing Boing
; there's a rich reservoir of material in the 1990s alt-comics movement that speaks in enough of a modern voice that they could be used right now on-line.
* the writer Sean Kleefeld promises
a weekly focus on various comics "-isms" at his on-line commentary platform.
* finally, here's a Jeet Heer and Ethan Rilly comic
that I've seen referred to as a webcomic but actually seems more like the on-line publication of a work that first appeared or more "primarily" appeared in print. I imagine that most of us passionately interested in what Heer and Rilly have going on will encounter that work on-line.
posted 5:00 am PST
Daily Blog Archives