August 23, 2013
Assembled, Zipped, Transferred And Downloaded: News From Digital
By Tom Spurgeon
* I totally missed that there's a free download of the SPACE anthology available from the front page their site
* there is a 20 percent off sale at the Viz site this month
. Sales are interesting with digital comics in a way they aren't elsewhere because there's a thought that discounts really
drive people to buy things to a significant extent -- that there isn't as much a standard digital comics buyers randomly paying full piece for material as there is a buyer that might buy something new but will wait for something older to go down in price a bit.
* Gary Tyrrell talked to Tavis Maiden: one
* Jeffrey Rowland updates and updates
* Sequential adds the Jonathan Cape books
* you know, I read but I don't think I ever linked to this major PW state-of-digital-comics piece
from about 10 days ago.
* finally, it's been a while since I've been over to Mark Waid's Thrillbent
site in a way other than directly to the comics serials. They have a blog
I've done a poor job of following; I don't think it's found its level yet, but as Thrillbent
is an important effort because of the kind of creator doing it and the things they're trying, it deserves our full attention. This is the recent story I regret missing: the launch of a storefront, which is pay-what-you-will, drm-free and festooned with extras per download -- a model that should be noted and the success of which should be tracked.
posted 3:15 am PST
Daily Blog Archives