May 12, 2010
Bundled, Tossed, Untied And Stacked
By Tom Spurgeon
* Frank Santoro shows off an image
from the Silver Surfer story on which he's working for inclusion in Marvel's Strange Tales
* the great Richard Thompson has a brand new, bells and whistles loaded web site.
It's about time!
* in similar news, the evocative young talent Josh Cotter also has a new web site up
, and there's a lot of material posted at which one may go stare.
* two Kickstarter-related projects that caught my attention this week: Clifford Meth and David Miller are trying to bring back Dave Cockrum's Futurians
property, I'm guessing without knowing for sure to reinvigorate its appeal to other media. I don't think I've ever read that stuff, but Cockrum was one of the top 10 character designers in 20th Century mainstream comics, and that's more of the battle than you'd think. Profile here
; Kickstarter page here
. The other one is Todd Bak now has a Kickstarter page up
for the research trip he's trying to make. That seems like an interesting project to me. (If you're not familiar; Kickstarter is basically a self-publishing aid that allows people to secure funding through the offer of premiums; I'm not all that excited about it, but people are going to use the crap out of it.)
* Kevin Huizenga has apparently taken his incomplete Rumbling to the site What Things Do
* I'm not one to post most incremental superhero comics reveals as actual publishing news, but I bookmarked this Frank Quitely cover to a forthcoming Batman comic
so I could look at it later and I've noticed a couple of bloggers mention it as if slightly more noteworthy, so there you go. I like the ha-has in the background.
* finally, I'm not exactly 100 percent sure this is the cover
to the next The Best American Comics
, but it sort of looks that way. Wait, according to his blog it is
posted 7:00 pm PST
Daily Blog Archives