August 6, 2013
Bundled, Tossed, Untied And Stacked
By Tom Spurgeon
* I was pleased to see the formal PR
announcing this Fall's publication of a Neil The Horse
collection from Hermes Press. That was one of the odder ducks of the indy-comics era, and while you can still snap up the actual comic books I wonder if that one is so far removed from the currency of comics conversation that just having it out again in a different form is a boon so that we can talk about it, at least.
* Dark Horse will publish
the more traditional of the EC collection projects, a version of the EC Comics Library that releases volumes by comics title and issues. Russ Cochran is on board.
* Jeet Heer's book about Francoise Mouly is now excerpted at the publisher's site
* this new Benjamin Marra comic completely escaped my attention
* CO2 Comics
says it has finished its second phase of publishing projects and has three books out there for you track down: Doggie Style: The Complete Dog Boy
, by Steve Lafler; Non
, by Chris Kalnick; The Adventures Of Roma
, by John Workman. I have the Doggie Style
; I hope to dive into it soon.
* there will apparently be a Christmas edition of Happy
, the Grant Morrison, Darick Robertson effort of recent vintage.
* the next issue of Palooka-ville previewed
* this column should focus on comics not out for a while rather than already out, but I missed totally new DFC Library paperback editions
* finally, a preview of The Hartlepool Monkey
, forthcoming from Knockabout, surfaced at the FPI blog
posted 5:00 am PST
Daily Blog Archives