September 3, 2013
Bundled, Tossed, Untied And Stacked
By Tom Spurgeon
* Yam Books has released the cover image
for Renee French's forthcoming effort, Hagelbarger And That Nightmare Goat
. That looks wonderful.
* Heidi MacDonald's Kirby Day post
mentioned something that completely escaped my attention: Drew Friedman is doing a book of portraits featuring folks from the comic book industry, to be published by Fantagraphics sometime in 2014. That should be really good. At left is a pencil sketch of Martin Goodman, pulled from this post
* that hugely successful of the new paradigm cartoonists Raina Telgemeier provides a progress report
due about 360 days from right now.
* there is a massive list right here
of works of all size, shapes and forms that will debut at the Small Press Expo mid-month. I encourage you to check it out if you're going, and double-check it out if you don't.
* Nina Bunjevac wrote in to confirm that she'll be doing an illustrated biography of Nikola Tesla as her next big project, and directed me here for more information
. I think that's a good match of cartoonist and subject matter, and look forward to the finished book. Also, I'm going to just start running wild guesses as to cartoonist's future projects; that way I can get another bit of news from the confirmation/denial. This is how my Mom thinks all newsgathering works.
* there will be a second Delilah Dirk book
* veteran comics scribe Peter Milligan is writing for
* Chris Sims previews the latest Devastator
* I totally missed that a new Reich
was in the works, let alone that it was imminent. Always like the covers on those.
* finally, new Mat Brinkman
posted 4:10 am PST
Daily Blog Archives