November 27, 2012
Bundled, Tossed, Untied And Stacked
By Tom Spurgeon
* nice catch by Graeme McMillan
of a forthcoming Best Of Milligan And McCarthy
collection. That should be something to see if it happens.
* a Stanley Kubrick mini-comic? I will want to see that
. I can't even tell who that's by, and I would like to see it.
* Joel Meadows from Tripwire writes about
moving the crowd-funding campaign for another issue from the Unbound site to the UK kickstarter.
* I don't have a whole lot of news this time, and I'm not sure why that is -- it could be a post-con season slowdown, I could be not collecting these items as effectively as I should. I'll double-down efforts for next week.
* since it's a little bit slow, I guess no one will mind me posting this link to a mini-comics release
that is sitting in my bookmarks, looking adorable and lonely and eager to please.
* here's an interview of note: Bill Kartalopoulos of the just-launched Rebus Books
. He doesn't get into specifics, but he does talk about general publishing strategies: both North American and European work, already-existing comics for the most part.
* finally, looking at Amazon.com for what's coming out at the far end of their advance publishing reach (usually about 10 months) isn't the fun it used to be, what with the influx of collectors selling material that they mark as having the date 9999, I guess to have it appear on the top of such searches. Still, one book that jumps out at me that I hadn't heard about yet is Fantagraphics doing a Charles Rodrigues collection
. It's almost 200 pages, too. My memory is that Rodrigues worked kind of all over the place, but I'm not all that certain how prolific he was in each individual cartooning area. At any rate, that's great news, and one to look forward to for next summer.
posted 5:25 pm PST
Daily Blog Archives