July 22, 2014
Bundled, Tossed, Untied And Stacked: Publishing News
By Tom Spurgeon
* there was a bunch of publishing news that came out before San Diego Con this year, particularly from not Big Two publishers. Archie, for instance, provided a name for the revamp of their superhero characters into a line
, one that's already been slowly rolling out. I have an interview with Alex Segura that's giving me brain fits of some sort whenever I try to transcribe it, but he's heavily involved and promises a lighter touch with the creators on the individual books having their way.
* Josh Kopin appears to approve of
the forthcoming Jason Aaron/Ron Garney collaboration Men Of Wrath
is what the covers will look like on the forthcoming Zenith
reprint project. I know a lot of people that are looking forward to that one.
* missed this announcement
of Lucy Knisley's next book with First Second; it's wedding-related.
* a couple of you sent me this link
, to an article about artist Ronn Sutton's involvement with a 2015 graphic novel in collaboration with an author and former Hell's Angels member.
* the nice folks at ComicsAlliance speculate
on storytelling solutions for Marvel being able to head back to the Superior Spider-Man
well. That's been probably been figured out by the time this post rolls out.
* missed this trailer for The Shadow Hero
. That's a fun project.
* Hope Larson announced a while back
that she and Rebecca Mock will be joined on the Four Points
project by colorist Shari Chankhamma.
* Tony Millionaire shares a letter received
as a way of noting a short run for his Maakies
in a Florida newspaper, now ended. It's hard for me to think of Maakies
running anywhere that people would have this reaction to it. Then again, there aren't a whole lot of papers left that are willing to run this kind of material, period.
* the cartoonist Matt Bors says his first print collection is running out of its first print
. I thought that was a good book, both the cartoons selected and the extensive supporting prose.
* finally, the artist and cartoonist Roman Muradov has a one-page preview of work up
from the forthcoming Yellow Zine
posted 1:25 am PST
Daily Blog Archives