August 12, 2014
Bundled, Tossed, Untied And Stacked: Publishing News
By Tom Spurgeon
* One Percent Press has announced
they'll be translating L'Age Dur
by Max De Radigues as Rough Age
, for a debut at the Small Press Expo and availability through normal channels a bit after that.
* it's August, which means people are furiously working on material to handsell at SPX
. Noah Van Sciver is no exception
* the next Ed Brubaker/Sean Phillips/Bettie Breitweiser project, Fade-Out, is previewed at AV Club
* Ryan Sands talks about Youth In Decline-related SPX debuts in this conversation with Chris Mautner
* James Vance pens some praise for a French-language edition of his collaboration with Dan Burr, On The Ropes
* one announcement that I flat-out missed during Comic-Con International -- I guess it was exclusive to PW, maybe?
-- is that Fantagraphics is going to publish The Late Child And Other Animals
by Marguerite Van Cook and James Romberger. That comes out in November of this year, so I guess an announcement this close to that date means it wasn't in the catalogs, which is kind of interesting. I look forward to seeing that one.
* Fantagraphics has a first look at its Complete Zap design up at a devoted page
* speaking of big books I want: Giant Moomin
* Simon Hanselmann promotes the imminent Megahex with some panels
, which is appropriate because the formal structure of those comics places a great deal of emphasis on the panel work.
* the Howard The Duck omnibus will apparently be reprinted
. I like a lot of those comics quite a bit.
* I haven't tried it out myself, but this Kevin Melrose blog post from a few days back
promised to take you to a free first issue of The Bunker
* I've been horrible about my own summary pieces, but this PW article
on comics-related news at July's Comic-Con International might be useful to some of you that want a bunch of one-line items about comics news announced there. I wish they had shortened the introduction some to get in the rest of the Fantagraphics announcements they didn't have room for, but it's not my article.
* the Dharma Punks
collection has a publication date at long last: late October
* Jeff Zwirek is touring behind a second printing of his Burning Building Comix
. It's the second printing more than the tour that puts that into this column.
* finally, I wasn't aware that Darryl Cunningham's Supercrash was going to have a new title
. That's the cover image below.
posted 1:25 am PST
Daily Blog Archives