November 21, 2017
Bundled, Tossed, Untied And Stacked: Publishing News
By Tom Spurgeon
* lot of traditional alt-comics check-ins this time around. I love this cover for the forthcoming From Lone Mountain
. I buy everything John Porcellino does, and I hope you do, too.
* that great person of comics Shaenon Garrity recommends
the forthcoming The Prince And The Dressmaker
* thrilled to see a Rina Ayuyang book is in the works
at D+Q. I'm a great fan of her work. Amazon.com isn't the best place for exact dates of release, but they are really good at identifying books that will be release at some point.
* speaking of D+Q, I'm glad we'll see one more book
from the late Genevieve Castr&233;e. Her previous, Susceptible
, was a monster book, one of the best of the century so far.
* another set of monster books is that last trilogy of Frank
books that Jim Woodring released over the last several years, with the first one be reprinted in 2017. I know for all the years I've read Woodring's amazing work that last group of stories pushed that material into my personal pantheon. Great news we get a brand new work in mid-2018
* finally: Ron Regé Jr. has reprinted material
from some of his earliest zines for your non-comics but close to comics pleasure.
posted 1:25 am PST
Daily Blog Archives