February 28, 2017
Bundled, Tossed, Untied & Stacked: Publishing News
By Tom Spurgeon
* I like to cover books in advance because I don't like having missed something, but I had no idea we'd be seeing this giant tome from cartoonist Gabby Schulz
. That's good news, though, despite my failure at a fundamental aspect of my job.
* looks like we're due to see a relaunch for the classic Harvey characters
* there's a new comic series on the way from Jonathan Luna and Sarah Vaughn
. My recollection is that several readers were fond of their Alex + Ada
* I find the whole world of digital media stars sort of fascinating, but there's no hitch-step in fully realizing these folks are just as popular as their film, broadcast TV and cable TV peers. This will include comics
* PW explores
some of the various bottom lines that characterize right now for IDW. That's a company not only playing the long game, but they're using a different rule book for much of what they do. Even the way they do TV/film is different.
* here's a survey-style list of Spring books that ran at PW.
* this article is fairly thorough in plotting out future comics-related plans involving author Margaret Atwood
* finally, Sophie Goldstein's well-liked House Of Women
series will be collected by Fantagraphics
posted 1:25 am PST
Daily Blog Archives