May 30, 2017
Bundled, Tossed, Untied & Stacked: Publishing News
By Tom Spurgeon
* I don't know that I ever commented on Drawn and Quarterly's Fall 2017 season
. I look forward to the Tom Gauld and Leslie Stein -- two creators about as reliable as currently live on planet Earth -- and I'm very curious about the Trondheim/Findakly collaboration. I'll want them all, I'm sure.
* that's a cute concept for a series
* a bunch of high-end Leiji Matsumoto books is great news
. I've always wanted as much of him as I can buy. I hope they're as nice in my hands as they are made to sound here.
* the existence of this Facebook page would have seem to have implications for both the Bundled and By Request columns, so I will put a link in both
* finally, I hadn't heard of this book about Gary Gygax
so I thought it might be further away, but I guess it's already out. I think that whole D&D phenomenon is a fascinating story and the original crew including Gygax were all very iconic types in their own way. I know there are lot of claims and counter-claims about that history, too, so I hope this history is a rigorous one: a previous prose version indicates it was probably vetted pretty seriously before the graphic novel became a thing.
posted 1:25 am PST
Daily Blog Archives