December 18, 2017
Comics By Request: People, Places In Need Of Funding
By Tom Spurgeon
* this is the last one of these until early January. A quick reminder people that I don't tend to run crowd-funding links in this column in December, favoring notes about charities, non-profits and general donations appropriate to the extended holiday season. Hero Initiative
, The Billy Ireland Cartoon Library & Museum
are examples of these. I hope you'll make part of your end-of-year about giving as you're able, however you'd like to do it, in comics and out.
* that said, there are some crowd-funders that might need to run in December
* any other crowd-funders that want that tiny boost a link here will provide, Good luck to all the potential publishers, project-completers out there.
* your favorite small-press cartoonist could probably use help with their Patreon, too, given the shift-arounds and all that that happened when that particular middle-man instituted a really bad policy earlier this month. That is a good thing you're doing for so many people.
* Michael DeForge has pointed out a few times how weird it is that they are so many middlemen that once uses in order to become an "independent" artist. It'd be great if by the end of the year someone -- and I'm going to try to do some of this with CXC -- could find some zero cost alternative for some of these programs, the way that Comic Art Collective
is a free alternative to finding an arts dealer, at least in terms of having an on-line listing and being able to sell through the Internet.
* see you in 2018!
posted 1:25 am PST
Daily Blog Archives