March 26, 2018
Comics By Request: People, Places In Need Of Funding
By Tom Spurgeon
* the way the crowdfunding sites are presenting their individual efforts in the context of searches starting with the home page have changed in a way to make general surveys of those projects a bit more difficult. My apologies for sucking. This is a good era in which about crowd-funders you see you think need support.
* the effort to keep JHU Comic Books in Manhattan
has gained far more traction than most store-related crowd-funders, and definitely has a chance to meet its initial goals. If anything we read about comics-reading habits of a certain type are true, disruptions in the service such stores provide can be brutal to readership continuity.
* the most prolific of the Columbus-local comics publishing efforts, Ken Eppstein's Nix Comics, has some considerable work to do on its 2018 publishing slate ask
* the GoComics.com feature Just Say Uncle
, has a modest ask up
for help with a paper printing of 2014 strips.
* finally: congrats to Exhibit A Press for hitting its initial goal and first stretch goal on their most recent crowd-funder; if you're reading this early in the day you can still participate
posted 1:30 am PST
Daily Blog Archives