June 2, 2014
Comics By Request: People, Places In Need Of Funding
By Tom Spurgeon
* go here to get on board
with Van Jensen's The Leg
, an already-facilitated graphic novel project from the writer, working with Jose Pimienta. That's a clever idea and certainly needed no help from this column to get over with its intended audience.
* hard for me to imagine a crowd-funder featuring a creator with the pedigree of Hunt Emerson
, unless it's this Steve Ditko campaign
that's already met its initial goal.
* this person was nice enough to send me multiple updates about the state of their comics-but-not-all-comics project
. They are near meeting what is a very modest-seeming goal; I always like the projects that have a smaller price tag to them.
* given the rough go that cartoonists and comics-makers have had in Turkey, it makes a lot of sense that there would be political comics
in suport of movements against the current government. Discussed further here
* Erika Moen
and Molly Ostertag
seem to have things well in hand, but you still might want to join up with these already-successful crowd-funders.
* I would assume that Julia Wertz could still use the benefit of timing an order to her store to coinicide with her most recent trip, as explained here
* finally, this comics project
claims to be the first one of Czech origin on Kickstarter. I have no idea if that's true or not, but I imagine the art will appeal to a lot of people and it looks like one of those projects that's right on the cusp of either getting over.
posted 9:25 am PST
Daily Blog Archives