July 14, 2014
Comics By Request: People, Places In Need Of Funding
By Tom Spurgeon
* the Dan Vado/SLG fundraising campaign is still going
, and about to crest $10K.
* this Dave Cockrum-related crowd-funder
has made its initial goal with about three weeks remaining; if you want to participate, I believe they'd be happy to have you.
* this David Petersen not-comics kickstarter
roared past its initial goal before I even went and looked at it; by now it should be in the incentives and extra rewards phase pretty comfortably. I assume some of you might want to get on board.
* Box Brown has been quietly adding pages from his Andre The Giant book to his original art store
. That's not tied into any particular need I know about, but every cartoonist can use the boost and that book has proven to be a popular one.
* there's a new campaign for a Rick Geary book underway
, this one focused on Billy The Kid.
* this P. Craig Russell-related crowd-funder has met its goal with a few days remaining
* there's a crowd-funder going for a follow-up to Monstrosity
* Henry Chamberlain has a GoFundMe campaign going
, although it's not going anywhere fast right now. I hope that some of his fellow writers-about-comics will look in.
* I'm not sure there are any panels left for sale here
, but any way we can get Gabrielle Bell some money for her work is aces with me.
* finally, David Lasky is selling a print version
of his Ultimate Superman Tale. I like that comic. I don't think there's a particular tie-in there, either, I just like Dave and if he makes a lot of money he may buy me a drink in San Diego at the end of the month. Hey, this column isn't all-the-way altruistic.
posted 1:25 am PST
Daily Blog Archives