August 25, 2014
Comics By Request: People, Places In Need Of Funding
By Tom Spurgeon
* this week is the fundraiser for Seth Kushne
r. I hope as many of you as possible can attend, donate, tell people about it.
* here's a fairly significant crowd-funder going to raise money for a collection of the works of Chris Knox
. I enjoyed reading that one, actually.
* Gary Tyrrell makes a lovely case for helping out Philip Hofer
, someone who has worked hard on various infrastructure tools that have helped make webcomics possible. I hope you'll consider contributing, or at least reading the case that Tyrrell makes.
* Gabrielle Bell has changed slightly how she's going to be selling originals from her summer diary comic
. Those originals are really great looking. I'm fond of those comics and would like to see them continue.
* count Red Stylo Media
among the many small presses and self-publishers that have a Patreon going now. Al Davison is another
. Erica Friedman is one of my peers who has decided to pursue this option
* the Nate McDonough crowd-funder
chugs along, having reached its initial goal with weeks to spare. I was glad to see the Watson And Holmes one
rally and surge past its initial goal. In fact, everything we've profiled recently has surged past its goal. I wonder if that's August; we certainly wouldn't be the cause. This one certainly struck a chord with donors
. This second Rachel Richey project has gone over the top, too
* here's a new one that was sent my way
, familiar to those who read the Glyph Awards winners post: Ajala: A Series of Adventures
* Dan Vado's gofundme on behalf of his publishing house SLG
is a universe more admirable than some of the other stuff that site has been facilitating lately.
* finally, here's one with a high curiosity factor that's just met its goal, featuring the work of artist and inker Joe Sinnott
posted 1:25 am PST
Daily Blog Archives