April 1, 2013
Comics By Request -- People, Projects In Need Of Funding
By Tom Spurgeon
* this nice person sent me a link to their Kickstarter
, a comic called GYR
. Seems pretty straight-forward to me. The nice thing is when you send one of these long-running campaigns I can cut and paste it and run it on multiple column days.
* this would be a good time to buy some JR Williams original art
, if you're so inclined. JR's art is great -- his is the first art I bought when I moved to Seattle back in '94.
* a Jesse Reklaw-related crowd-funder? Yes
* Frank Cho will take a Liberty Meadows project to crowd-funding
* here's one from I think Turkey with artists from all around the world involved
* the Tripwire crowd-funder is ongoing
* Crowd-funding was a significant subject of this panel at WonderCon
* Reading Frenzy isn't a comics store as much as it is a 'zine and small-publications shop, but I certainly bought comics and comics-related things there when I lived in the Pacific Northwest and I generally found it a swell place to go. Here's a crowd-funder they're doing
. It's hard to imagine Portland without it.
* I totally missed that Radio Comix had a fundraiser because of an accounting snafu. They didn't need my help
* the Caravan of Comics people are back at again
* the Roman Dirge hospital-bills effort remains ongoing
, while this post
is still at the top of Peter David's site.
* this Australia/New Zealand fundraiser is heading into its final hours
* finally, Jason Lutes wrote me about this interesting-looking project
for which he's seeking crowd-funding. I might try to run this link again, but I thought it was interesting for a couple of reasons: one, there haven't been a ton of crowd-funder run by cartoonists of Lutes' caliber and generational profile; two, I think we could see a point where we have a lot of people running secondary projects through crowd-funding mechanisms.
posted 5:00 am PST
Daily Blog Archives