April 21, 2014
Comics By Request: People, Projects In Need Of Funding
By Tom Spurgeon
* the Doug Wright Awards crowd-funder continues
. I am certain that money would be well-spent given that award program's pedigree. Also, the incentives are uniquely crafted.
* David Brothers recommends three crowd-funders
* the latest Batton Lash/Supernatural Law crowd-funder is nearing the halfway point
. I would imagine they would very much welcome becoming a regular, successful presence on crowd-funding sites in terms of getting their books out there, like Studio Foglio has become
* here's are some of the crowd-funders we've been following, randomly presented: an outside project for Tom Toles
, Just Another Sheep
, Unfinished City
, House Party
, Noir City #2
* I am always interested in projects that are focused on retail stores rather than on publishing projects.
That seems to me a tough road, though, and not the natural match up mechanism to project that publishing offers. I would imagine that over the next few years we'll also see more crowdfunders related to library collections
* this is wholly impressive
* last few days to help out Study Group
* Craig McKenney is looking for support in taking a shot at finishing The Brontes: Infernal Angria
* always enjoy a modest crowd-funder, and a Ditko crowd-funder, so both together
is doubly enjoyable.
is great subject matter for a graphic novel, although it looks to have struggled a bit so far in terms of garnering interest. Did you know there's a photo of Teddy Roosevelt watching the procession
* finally, it's hard for me to imagine something much cooler than a customer pet portrait from Laura Park, except maybe one where the proceeds go to a good cause
posted 1:25 am PST
Daily Blog Archives