May 5, 2014
Comics By Request: People, Projects In Need Of Funding
By Tom Spurgeon
* the Batton Lash/Supernatural Law crowdfunder
heads into its final several days still a bit short, but hopefully within a managed distance. Crowd-funding has been a useful thing for those comics, but it's never a slam dunk to one of these things. Lash is one of comics' good guys, so I hope you'll check that out, particularly if you're a fan of his work.
* crowd-funding has been similarly good to Dave Sim thus far; his latest went up on Friday
* by the time you read this I suppose it's possible that Josh Bayer's crowd-funder for Suspect Device
Vol. 4 will be done; it will be very, very close if not -- check it out here
* this crowd-funder
features a webcomic but according to its instigators is actually designed to help pay for a system of doing infinite canvas comics which they will then make freely available. I don't have the chops or knowledge to vet any such claim, nor do I know if vetting such a claim is even necessary, but I thought the idea was interesting.
* Ryan Andrews is attempting to raise money for a second edition of Nothing Is Forgotten
* this Machiavelli crowd-funder
looks well on its way at this point, too, particularly with nine days remaining.
* the Ryan Andrews crowd-funder on behalf of a second printing of Nothing Is Forgotten continues
* finally, this project, 21 Draw, roared to its goal in under 48 hours
. While they're not in need of anything, I mention it here in case you're looking for model-successful projects or if the subject matters to you to want to get on board in the stretch goal phase.
posted 1:25 am PST
Daily Blog Archives