August 3, 2012
Comics' Giving Heart -- People, Projects In Need Of Funding
* the Portland comics show The Projects
has a kickstarter going here
. That's a pretty significant price tag for a first-time show without a history to go on -- not significant in that it's expensive for what such a show requires, I honestly have no idea, it just seems it's more difficult for first-time projects to raise more than $5K. I wish them luck, though. I'm interested to see how that one goes.
* Jesse Fuchs is selling a super-lovely Ivan Brunetti one-pager
to raise money for rent. You need to give yourself this present.
* here's a Kickstarter tied into a radio program
that has Jim Ottaviani and Natalie Nourigat involved.
* these two
alt-comics looking suckers seem well on their way to funding; no boot-selling required.
* not comics: here's a film project from veteran comics illustrator Val Mayerik
* there's been no formal call to do so, or even an organized informal call, but if you enjoyed the new Batman movie a nice thing to do would be to send the Hero Initiative
a small donation in the name of Creators Rights Patient Zero Bill Finger. It's nice to send money like that whether you see a movie or not, really.
* finally, the Hero Initiative posted an update
on the condition of injured comics writer and editor Roger Slifer.
posted 1:10 pm PST
Daily Blog Archives