December 3, 2012
Comics By Request -- People, Projects In Need Of Funding
By Tom Spurgeon
* Sean Howe points out
that Don McGregor could use the financial boost provided by reaching a royalties plateau with his Detectives, Inc.
It would be nice to make that happen. I'll try to put this in the Gift Guide Add-Ins, too.
* here's a modestly priced Kickstarter for something called Pariah, Missouri
* it looks like Dave Sim is seeking to crowdfund
the completions of his intriguing Alex Raymond serial that was being run in the now-defunct Glamourpuss
. I may toss some money in the direction of that project. I personally disliked the way the High Society
crowdfunder was set up in terms of number of updates, what was released and how, and the clarity with which this was communicated, so I don't know that I want anything to do with the final product if/until I run across it in a store. Still, I wish that guy well and want him to publish whatever he wants to publish however he wants to publish it.
* Colleen Doran is still attempting to sell you nice things to finance her restoration of A Distant Soil
* the crowd-funder for the latest Runx Tales effort
is going to end in several hours, but it's at a price point where the difference could be closed quickly.
* this non-fiction comic on human trafficking in Nepal looks admirable
* again, whoa
* finally, here are two high-profile crowdfunders yet to meet their goal: The Big Feminist But
and Peter Pan: The Graphic Novel Vol. 1
posted 2:00 pm PST
Daily Blog Archives