November 1, 2009
FFF Results Post #187 -- Costumes 2
Five For Friday #187 -- Name Five Comics-Related Halloween Costumes And Describe How You Can Put Together One Of Them -- No Joke Answers On The Last One, Please.
1. The Death Of The Comic Book
3. Bob's Big Boy
4. The Cast Of American Flagg!
(if you have a cat)
5. Richie Rich -- cheesily-dyed super-blonde hair or wig with part down the middle, fake Xeroxed million dollar bills with your face in the middle, blazer, white shirt, bow tie, white shoes and socks. Tiny sock garters (can be drawn) and cuff links optional. Great 90-minute beginning to end costume. You have to nail the hair, at least the impression of the color, to make it work. Cheap over-sized $ lapel pin with glitter optional.
* Bizarro Superman
* Ogami Itto -- Cart with Daigoro (real or fake) is mandatory.
* 'V' -- Black pants, coat, and boots. Optional black cape. Tall wide-brimmed hat, black (Mexican bolero will do in a pinch). Straight-haired shoulder length auburn wig. Guy Fawkes mask. Weapons optional. To be truly authentic, you cannot reveal your identity to anyone. This costume has excellent re-use potential in the Commonwealth, as it can be applied five days later for Guy Fawkes Night celebrations.
* Spooky The Tuff Little Ghost
* Comic Book Guy
* Detective Chimp: Monkey costume, deerstalker cap, magnifying glass, plaid jacket (optional)
1. Uncle Creepy
2. Youg Goodnman Beaver
3. The Little King
5. The Red Tornado -- red longjohns, bath towel cape, galoshes, large pot with eye holes cut in it (may need the services of a welder for this). Falsies if ya need 'em.
Justin J. Major
1. Vampire Batman
2. Frankenstein Superman
3. Wealthy Playboy Bruce Wayne (must have pipe)
4. Golden Age Sandman (fedora + gas mask = awesome)
5. Calvin and Hobbes. - Messy blond wig, white tennis shoes, black shorts, black and red stripped tee-shirt, toy tiger (alternative: Messy blond wig, white tennis shoes, black shorts, black and red tee-shirt, urine-covered Chevy logo)
1. Red Tornado (Ma Hunkel)
2. Cutter (ElfQuest)
3. Judge Dredd
4. Plastic Man
5. Steve Ditko -- Don't show up to the party. (Not a joke; I don't really care for Halloween or parties.)
1. Deadman Occupying The Body Of John Fitzgerald Kennedy
2. Spider-Man Pulling Gwen Stacy's Dead Body Up From The Bridge (with repainted Mary Jane Bobblehead)
3. Firestorm (Jason Rusch) Arguing About The Higgs-Boson With The Floating Blue Head Of Former Conservative MP Sir Rhodes Boyson
4. Longjohns Bag-Head Fantastic Four Costume Spider-Man (from Amazing Spider-Man 258)
5. Disco Dazzler v The Hypno-Hustler. Good for couples/chums, the brinylon pantsuits and feathered/afro wigs should be available from any good costume shop. The glitter make-up likewise (or in chain hypermarket ala Wal-Mart). Dazzler's bling (glitterball necklace rated D-I-S-C-O) you could probably pick up from one of those Claire's Accessories shops, or make out of cardboard/marbles and tin foil. Roller skates and shades you might already have. Dazzler's powers would be harder to fake - mixed coloured foil confetti? Any old boom-box will do for the HypHus, as long as it doesn't have a CD player on it - verismillitude is all, so make a mix-tape, heavy on Chic, etc.. Your dignity may take a hit if you fall on yer arse, but at least you'll be in it together, and you-will-look MAHRvelous.
1. J. Jonah Jameson
2. Professor Xavier
3. Bizarro Clark Kent
4. Frankie from the Goon
5. L from Death Note (Get a white long sleeve shirt one size too big, pants, no socks or shoes, several banana sundaes)
2. Arnim Zola
3. Pink guy and bear from Sam Henderson's Nick Mag comic, "Scene But Not Heard"
4. Snipper Snipe from Kaz Strzepek's "Mourning Star" series.
5. Captain Triumph -- Okay no one will know who you are, but it's easy! You just need a red T-shirt and jodhpurs (brown jeans will do), boots, an imaginary ghost twin brother companion, a fake birthmark on your wrist, and a good physique. I won't be going as Captain Triumph.
1. L (from Death Note) -- any candy you collect becomes part of the costume!
2. Pupshaw and Pushpaw
3. The Question
5. Lord Julius -- Greasepaint eyebrows, greasepaint moustache, short black hair or wig (or, failing that, a fez). No glasses. Skulking stride. Three-piece suit with tails and skinny tie, or optional frilly dress if you're going for the "like-a-look" look and have the lower-arm muscles for it.
1. Anti-Twilight Comic-Con Attendee
2. Earth-Prime 1970s Comic Book writer
4. Henry Peter Gyrich
5. Stig -- blond wig, dress shirt, tie, no pants, no socks, no shoes
posted 3:30 pm PST
Daily Blog Archives