* keep forgetting to pull these mentions of Rotopol on tour; hope I'll get around to individual entries of the shows.
* Joe Grunenwald joins many in the mainstream portion of the comics industry world to remember Justin Ponsor. Although the easiest-to-find stretch of the search engines don't seem to support it, it's easy to get at tweets about the economic ramifications of a working and respected industry craftsman working through cancer treatments or just simply working at all despite steady gigs for one of the bigger companies. I imagine this will have to happen 300, 3000, 30,000 times before making an impression, if then, but it's a conversation that needs to start happening.
* I guess Ironjaw on Netflix isn't the most depressing thing I've ever heard, but it's kind of up there. If there's not a creator being rewarded, and the work itself is forgettable, I don't know why anyone should care. That seems like a grim business.
* this seems like a lot of labor to get at four runs of key comics.
* I can barely figure out why video and film efforts want video and film sequels in this crowded market, let alone a comic book one. Still, as poorly as many comics sell IU would imagine ever set of eyes on something is important. Also holy crap that movie was 15 years ago.
* finally: they keep talking about things related to the San Diego Con experience in San Diego, although I'm not keeping up with the article. It would be very nice if they could figure out transit from the airport and into town. If there were something similar to Seattle, that would be a huge boon for that show. It's amazing they're so successful given some of these longstanding structural handicaps.
* it's hard to imagine that the wider comics community can ever argue they don't have enough money to fund things, when something like this goes over $10k. Anyone that wants art created by others to specifically suit themselves, I want to actively root against them.
* could anyone with information about an award or awards program named after the late Mark Campos I've seen a whisper here and there but nothing comes back on basic searches. I was fond of Mark, and would like to boost word of it.