May 4, 2010
Random Comics News Story Round-Up
* the first part of this interview with Josh Cotter
is a must-read as the cartoonist talks about how his struggles with depression have had an impact on his comics career and, much more importantly, his life in general.
* not comics: Nick Mullins presents "Homoerotic He-Man
." Or, as two completely different people looking over my shoulder just now have put it, "Slightly More Homoerotic He-Man." A bunch of you have e-mailed this
this morning. Hey, if Milo Manara can do some X-Men
, why can't Tom of Finland do an original Defenders
* Johanna Draper Carlson talks about
how to make superhero comics interesting again. I would just have really good creators do them.
* not comics: I find it odd and potentially interesting that this profile
of the actor Idris Elba as an emerging star doesn't mention Thor
* you can click on this single link here
and be transported to the relentless onslaught that is the National Post
scripted interview round-up of TCAF All-Stars.
* not comics: I've been enjoying episodes of this
during dinner. I don't know how my life would have changed if I had enjoyed a British nerd's diet of grim-faced serious cheapo science fiction TV shows, but I think it would have been for the better. As always, if anybody out there wants to re-launch Sapphire & Steel
in comics form, my e-mail can be found elsewhere on this site. I'm seriously tempted to start making Sapphire & Steel
* this cartoon by Lloyd Dangle made me laugh
* finally, Matthias Wivel checks in from Fumetto
, the gold standard of city-wide, European comics festivals.
posted 11:00 am PST
Daily Blog Archives