January 1, 2013
Random Comics News Story Round-Up
* in case you missed it yesterday, Kathleen David, one of my favorite comics-culture bloggers going way back, has written a detailed description
of husband Peter David's stroke from a couple of days ago.
* ring in the New Year with this sort-of still new Kate Beaton
that everyone else pointed out while I closed out 2012 eating corn chips and feeling sorry for myself.
* Christoph Niemann profiles Maurice Sendak
* Rick Olney has apparently passed away
. Olney was an avid collector and fan that ran an organization called Organized Readers Of Comics Associated (ORCA), and who became a minor, notorious, comics-culture Internet figure based largely, as far as I can tell, on unsuccessful business efforts related to comics and subsequently grinding against claims of malfeasance in their execution. An ex-Marine, Olney is survived by a wife, five children and a sister. Our condolences to his friends and family. He was 58 years old.
* finally, new Gabby Schulz
posted 11:00 am PST
Daily Blog Archives