January 5, 2014
Random Comics News Story Round-Up
* this is fun: Robert Crumb holds forth
. I could probably gush and pull-quote my way to a unique posting, but really you should hear that stuff from Crumb, not me.
* man, those X-Men
comics were some death-soaked comics. My best friend -- who was a bit older than me, already in high school while I languished in the 5th grade -- re-created Wolverine's resistance army outfit and wore it a lot
that Fall. Not the hair, though. Never the hair. It was a cool look, though.
* there was a time when I was a kid that I would have spent about eleven and a half hours staring at this picture
. The only thing that strikes me now looking at it is that Marvel has done a pretty good job of keeping together a recognizable line-up of heroes -- I don't really follow those books and that feels like a Marvel group picture to me. That is possibly the dumbest measure possible to man, though.
* congratulations to Marc Arsenual on his new store
* Chris Arrant talks to Gregory Benton
. Tim O'Shea talks to Ales Kot
* finally, Michel Fiffe rattles off
a better best-of comics than most critics including myself have been able to put together mulling this stuff over directly.
posted 1:05 am PST
Daily Blog Archives