January 10, 2013
Random Comics News Story Round-Up
* Strange Adventures is moving
. That's one of the best shops.
* here's an article
with a bunch of original art scans. If you have some sort of fetish that involves pasted-up logos, this is the post for you.
* the good folks at Robot 6 tug at a stor
y about an embezzler that converted some of that cash into expensive comic books. It's surprising this kind of thing doesn't happen a lot given the difficulty authorities might have in tracing such items, although I guess converting comics back into cash would be a potential chore. Also, you can't really count on a same-amount return.
* Gil Roth talks to Ron Rosenbaum
(not comics). Solvej Schou talks to Jaime Hernandez
. Justin Skinner talks to Dave Lapp
* well, that's nice
* Jason covers Love And Rockets
* Chris Arrant recommends
the Kenneth Rocafort sketch blog.
* Greg Capullo, defined
* the veteran writer John Ostrander suggests
that a freelancer's life is a life without a net. That is not a pleasant article to read despite its genial tone.
* Timothy Callahan on Nexus
* I like that when jobs open up
in comics and you read about them it sometimes doesn't sound like a job anyone could be doing in comics.
* me sending people to The Oatmeal
is like me trying to fill up the Pacific Ocean by taking a whiz in it during one of the San Diego beach parties, but here you go
* finally, I've always loved this Kirby page
. Karkas 4-ever.
posted 11:00 am PST
Daily Blog Archives