January 31, 2013
Random Comics News Story Round-Up
* a few of you have sent in this Eli Valley presentation
as commentary on the Gerald Scarfe cartoon.
* something I forgot to make a bigger deal of yesterday, even though I'd mentioned it more generally on the blog before, is that the issue of Hawkeye
that will benefit Sandy-related charities went on sale. You can buy a copy from your local retailer, and you can buy a digital copy from comiXology
. You can also donate directly (or additionally directly) as described here
. That issue features art work by Steve Lieber and Jesse Hamm, both of whom I like very much. It's a generally fun comic, too, the superhero comic I buy when I'm in a place where you buy superhero comics. Anyway, that's a nice thing, and I hope those who need the money benefit.
* wait a minute, jumping on here just after this post rolls out: I think I sent my brother to last night's Burbank comic-shop signing for that Hawkeye
comic book. I'll probably have photos later on this morning. There's a reason I do this blog almost entirely by myself: I forget everything
* you should go through this Mike Lynch post
to the Japanese matchbox cover post which he's discussing. Or you might want to. "Should" is probably a bit strong. It's cool, though. Really.
* here's a direct
link to that J. Chris Campbell that I talked about in "Bundled" on Tuesday.
* finally, I forget who sent this
my way, but it's swell. T-shirt, please.
posted 11:00 am PST
Daily Blog Archives