February 7, 2019
Random Comics News Story Round-Up
* Rob Clough on comics by Laurel Lynn Leake
* love this tweet by Evan Dorkin of notes from a long-abandoned project
. It's amazing to think of how much good work and how much partially done attempts at good works are in the basements, desks, closets and garages of Team Comics.
* not comics: congratulations to the artist Pia Guerra on news the mega-popular comics series she did with writer Brian K. Vaughan, Y, The Last Man
, is on its way to becoming a television series
. The high-concept Y
's mega-potential as a film or TV series was a general part of its presentation during its comics run, so this one pops a bit in a way other television deals don't. I hope it's good TV. The initial wave of announcements also came with another thing that marked the series, the ubiquity of writer Vaughan's credit for the comic book's creation and the relative lack of same for Guerra, the artist -- not total, but always noticeable. A social media and industry-news round of pushback
on Guerra's behalf felt widespread for such an effort and in every instance totally deserved.
* don't exactly know what's going on here, but it's quite attractive
* finally: this is my favorite thing of the week
posted 1:05 am PST
Daily Blog Archives