February 17, 2014
Random Comics News Story Round-Up
* Harry Backlund digs into the Wordless!
shows in which Art Spiegelman is primarily involved. Those look really cool.
* not sure how I found this link, but here's Farel Dalrymple after John Buscema
* Paul O'Brien writes a bit
about the concept of #1 issues in mainstream comics given 1) they happen all the time now, 2) there are actually ways to have #1 issues that aren't having #1 issues and these are more prevalent now, too.
* congratulations to all of those in comics who became engaged, involved and/or otherwise experienced real human happiness on the occasion of Valentine's Day weekend. I hate you.
* Joseph Remnant draws a candy store
. Michael Cho draws Superman
* Kelly Thompson on She-Hulk #1
. Joe Gordon on The Nightly News
and The Royals, Masters Of War #1
. Richard Bruton on Lighter Than My Shadow
* a bit more on one of the great re-discoveries of recent years, The Bungle Family
* Chris Sims' contempt for Bob Kane
is truly one of the funniest threads of commentary on the comics Internet.
* young Lauren Weinstein let Lynn Johnston do the talking
* on the X-Men and quiche
* finally, Bully has it right at the end, there. This
is the entire Silver Age in one comics panel. Nothing funnier has ever lurched out of a mainstream, square-ish expression of creative energy than the Bizarro comics.
posted 7:05 am PST
Daily Blog Archives