March 20, 2013
Random Comics News Story Round-Up
* Paul Gravett discusses
Roy Lichtenstein. There's so much good writing about Lichtenstein, and I have almost no interest in Lichtenstein.
* J. Caleb Mozzocco on Steve Ditko's Monsters Vol. 1
. Chris Mautner on Hair Shirt
. Andy Shaw on The Book Of Human Insects
. Jeffrey O. Gustafson on Black Lung
and The Massive Vol. 1
. Geoffrey Lapid on The End Of The Fucking World
* Tony Harris draws a version of the Boy Commandos
. Eric Reynolds draws Peter Bagge
. Benjamin Marra draws Grandmaster Flash And The Furious Five
* not comics, not exactly, but still amazing, that amount of money raised
* the writer Frank Barbiere on how hard making comics is
. I don't know, I only made comics for three years as an everyday job, and I thought it was a pretty great gig. Quadruply so for a writer. I worked in a foundry once; that
was hard. Experiences differ, though.
* that's a very nice-looking Gene Day page
* "I'll take 'Swiss TV game shows are apparently way more nerdy than their American counterparts
' for $500, please."
* David Axe and Tim Hamilton talk about their Army Of God
. John Rovnak talks to Steve Murphy
. Robin McConnell talks to Dave Taylor
. Steve Morris talks to Mike Molcher
* finally, Matt Dembicki sent along this random encounter with a piece of Will Eisner art
.">Frank Barbiere on how hard making comics is.
posted 2:00 am PST
Daily Blog Archives