March 22, 2013
Random Comics News Story Round-Up
* Michael May revisits
some of the recent not-comics links on paying creators that you may have seen here and adds a few of his own, as well as his own take on the subject. I think all of this asking of questions is super-healthy; if you're only making a modest amount and you're paying a modest amount, I can't see that there's any harm in the subject being explored. In theory and in practical, historical terms, there are reasons that creators may work for free -- but none of those reasons is "because sometimes people work for free."
* that very same Michael May pores over Lookouts
. Johanna Draper Carlson on Superzelda
, Message To Adolf Vol. 2
and Lizzie Newton: Victorian Mysteries Vol. 2
. Henry Chamberlain on Action Comics #18
. Paul O'Brien on a bunch of X-Men comics
. Kelly Thompson on Fearless Defenders #2
. Sean T. Collins on "His Face All Red
* I like this Spider-Man cartoon
* not comics: Moleskine opens up a US store
. There will be some drawing on some of those pieces of paper that are to be found in that store.
* Ryan Burton talks to Patrick McEown
. Padraig O Mealoid talks to Eddie Campbell
. Bill Baker talks to Manuel Auad
* HeroesCon needs volunteers
* Johanna Draper Carlson notes Entertainment Weekly
's cursory coverage of the Orson Scott Card writing Superman controversy at DC Comics.
* there are so many things to buy that aren't exactly comics, like one of these prints
, or this print
specifically or this t-shirt
* don't really know why there are three Thors here
-- I would assume time travel, but it could also just be a fanciful picture united by the fact that it's the same dude -- but I liked this picture. Thor should be full of pretty pictures like this, like an endless series of never-before-seen heavy metal album covers.
* RW Watkins teases
the early Spider-Man
out of Blue Velvet
* finally, Laura Park is the best
posted 2:00 am PST
Daily Blog Archives