March 28, 2018
Random Comics News Story Round-Up
* Heidi MacDonald talks to Dan Fogler
. RJ Casey on Oblivion Song #1
. Tom Baker on Dry County #1
* in my versions of the Avengers
movies, Richard Schiff as Dr. Druid
is always off-camera: on monitor duty, taking minor cases as they come in, skulking about in other team-members' rooms for no reason.
* Darryl Ayo has kind words
for the part of the Grant Morrison New X-Men
run that featured artist Frank Quitely, and no time for anyone else. While Morrison has one good superhero comic books with artists not in Quitelys class, I thought the X-Men
stuff only worked with that artist. For no particular reason I remember Kim Thompson was fond of those comics, too.
* Ayo's twitter run reminded me that when I hear about people reacting to comics now, it's usually whether or not a character conformed to expectation or not
, which strikes me as perhaps the most boring, deeply unfortunate way to interact with popular art one can imagine.
* finally: I'm not sure any are still available for sale, but check out Drew Friedman drawing Boris Karloff
posted 1:05 am PST
Daily Blog Archives