April 11, 2013
Random Comics News Story Round-Up
* you won't see anything better in comics today than this photo of Herr Seele
* Joe Gordon on Medusa
. Greg McElhatton on Batman #19
* not comics: Matt Bors drew some gamers
. Dylan Horrocks has a photo-driven Tumblr
* it's kind of surprising that Hank Pym
has never really worked at Marvel Comics. If you think about it, they've been jacking with that guy character-wise from almost the very beginning: Stuck-At-10-Foot Mopey Goliath was basically a different character than Giant-Man/Ant Man.
* Alan Gardner drives our attention
to a GoComics.com tribute to the late Roger Ebert.
* here's a piece on the reclusive nature of Calvin And Hobbes
creator Bill Watterson. I'm not sure that I understand anyone being baffled by a guy that would apparently just like to be left alone. What about being a public celebrity is more awesome than being a private one?
* finally, Corey Blake flatters some gasbag
from a podcast by talking about issues raised in a recent podcast about selling more comics. I think that Blake's description of my view is close enough for his response essay to be fair and raise some interesting issues.
posted 2:00 am PST
Daily Blog Archives