April 29, 2013
Random Comics News Story Round-Up
* this Jack Ohman cartoon
is drawing its fair share of attacks, including one from Governor Rick Perry. It seems in bounds to me, but I have a very low threshold for "allowable" commentary -- I figure just about everything is on the table. I have to imagine that this is a story I'll update enough to make its own point today or tomorrow.
* Brigid Alverson talks to Jason DeAngelis
. TJ Dietsch talks to Frank Quitely
. Alex Dueben talks to Denis Kitchen and Michael Schumacher
, Miriam Katin
, Chris Schweizer and Gregg Taylor
* Charles Forsman recently added Hidden Fortress Press material to the all-important Muster List
* Marc Tyler Nobleman would like you to know why his book
, Bill The Boy Wonder
, should have been nominated for an Eisner. It's refreshing in that it doesn't blame Frank Santoro.
* Mike Dawson passes along this link
to a letter of complaint about his scouting-related book, Troop 142
* Dan Archer writes about
his recent comics work about human trafficking.
* Ward Sutton reviews the latest David Sedaris in comics form
* cartoonists take the best notes
* not comics: I'm not a gamer, tabletop or computer, but I love the fact that we have these texts we don't understand and they're only like 45 years old
* I am all for charitable efforts by big companies, and therefore I am happy to see DC doing some good with this charitable enterprise
* finally, I like the colors in this Lisa Hanawalt image
posted 2:00 am PST
Daily Blog Archives