May 4, 2012
Random Comics News Story Round-Up
* another set of legal battles for Stan Lee
, this time over the POW! Entertainment company.
* Beth Carswell profiles W. Heath Robinson
* Greg McElhatton on Earth 2 #1
. Todd Allen on Dial H For Hero
* if you haven't caught up to it yet: Jack Kirby In Three Parts
. That's one of this week's foundational articles, for sure.
* speaking of Jack Kirby, I don't think there's anything in a move to donate the matching cost of an Avengers
movie ticket to The Hero Initiative
or the CBLDF
that's going to do a lot of actual solving of any the issues on folks' minds, but it's awesome when those two groups get money so I am all for it.
* I'm confused as to what the hell is going on here
, but those names at the end are pretty amusing.
* the San Francisco Chronicle details
the short but active history of Free Comic Book Day. I've only been in a comics shop once on that day, so it's hard for me to make any sweeping conclusions. I imagine it works very well for certain people.
* Kiel Phegley talks to Andi Watson
. some nice person at the New York Times talks to Neil Gaiman
. Milton Griepp talks to Lance Fensterman
. Michael Cavna talks to Stan Lee
* it's bizarre for me to wrap my mind around any serious comic book fan with lot of knowledge as to what's out there not apparently buying anything along the lines of a Jim Woodring and Jaime Hernandez
, although I realize there are tens of thousands of people that fit that description.
* finally, hey, look: it's Tom Gauld
posted 10:00 am PST
Daily Blog Archives