June 4, 2014
Random Comics News Story Round-Up
* it's sounds funny to say out loud, but a virtue of this list of top Monkeybrain books
is that it doesn't include Bandette
, which is so directly in the wheelhouse of most alt-comics fans it's been hard for some of them to process other choices. At least that's what I've been told 2-3 times.
* Todd Klein on Astro City #11
. Johanna Draper Carlson on Lost And Found: An Amy Devlin Mystery
. Ricardo Baptista on S.F.
. Sean Gaffney on High School DxD Vol. 1
. Nicholas Reid on Incomplete Works
* Kelly Thompson expresses her disappointment
in DC's "bombshell" cover promotion.
* very proud to be on this run-down of pro-Martian Manhunter comics professionals
, even though mine was a joke tweet. Most of the superhero characters are super dumb, that's what fun about them.
* take a class with Shannon Wheeler
* Dean Haspiel draws some Fantastic Four
* the writer John Layman through Gene Ha makes the point
that among the publishers that might engage with creator-driven, high-end, genre work, there are opportunities to work with a wider range of artists at Image than with the DC prestige lines.
* Colleen Frakes engages with the uniqe aspects of her childhood in a hybrid comics form
* Lars Martinson suggests
it may be cheaper to ink up an entire book than to use colored paper.
* a Ron Regé Jr. pin-up
* this appreciation of Pete Morisi
by Ken Parille over at The Comics Journal
is a lot of fun. Pete Morisi in general is a lot of fun.
* finally, Guy Delisle on tattoos
. Well, one tattoo.
posted 1:05 am PST
Daily Blog Archives