August 1, 2014
Random Comics News Story Round-Up
* there are two forthcoming workshops
at the Billy Ireland Cartoon Library & Museum that sound worth it if you're in that part of the country. I'd attend.
* Todd Klein on Green Lantern #32
. AH on Operation Margarine
. Dominic Umile on Escapo
. Mike Sterling on some comics
* not comics, but also comics: Sonia Harris reminds
that sexism in comics takes place against a backdrop of horrifying sexism throughout several of our cultures.
* someone at Off Life
talks to Annie Koyama
. Seo Kim profiles Graham Falk
. Steve Morris talks to Adam Murphy
* why Chris Sims is really, really careful about taking sketchwork for free
. I like his answer.
* I like this Fantastic Four page
. Marvel invested a lot of smart creative energy into the Fantastic Four
property over the last 10 years -- it's hard to think of a trio of writers more in tune with the times over the period than Mark Millar/Jonathan Hickman/Matt Fraction, and a lot of the artists have been solid to good, too. The title has continued to struggle, at least in broad terms. I wonder if this isn't the first of the Marvel Silver Age properties that may be creatively spent, in a sense, that may just be disconnected from the modern audience as it exists now. That's probably nuts, but I still think about it.
* not comics: I don't know that I've seen this Mike Ploog Wizards drawing before
* finally, Alternative Comics has available
some of the recent Kevin Huizenga minis in addition their own books.
posted 1:05 am PST
Daily Blog Archives