August 2, 2010
Random Comics News Story Round-Up
* via e-mail from Jason T. Miles comes the rest of the recent Fantagraphics personnel moves: Martin Bland will take over Miles' old positino as "Director of Sales/Circulation Manager as Miles moves into the job of "Production Manager/Editorial." Bland's been with the company for 13 years, primarily as shipping manager.
* not comics, but, you know, pretty: cartoonist Jordan Crane has some post-Con prints ready to sell.
* the best news story that Comic-Con crushed? A man facing the death penalty takes time from a surprise e-mail sent to a newspaper to request they keep his favorite comic strips
. (thx, Justin J. Major)
* I want to pull this one out so I remember to get to it myself: Robert Boyd, a fine critic in his own right, reviews Best American Comics Criticism.
* not comics: this
is funny enough on a bunch of levels I don't want to find out if it's true or not.
* finally, a flurry of great links courtesy of Devlin Thompson: a great-looking superhero themed book cover
; a bunch of freakishly gorgeous art
from an old Disney songbook; MAD letterhead
; a MAD rejection letter
; a Marvel promotion
at the White House (is that Jonathan Frakes playing Captain America?); another entry analyzing
obscenicons; a wonderful Bill Watterson letter
and a certificate
putting a kid into the Supermen Of America. Thanks, Devlin. I'm sorry I let them stack up!
posted 7:10 pm PST
Daily Blog Archives