August 15, 2018
Random Comics News Story Round-Up
* congratulations to Brian Fies
* Elisa Shoenberger picks some of the best artists working right now
. Frank Santoro was really high on Jonas Goonface back at a PIX I attended, and I've enjoyed his work to date. He's on there.
* I like about half of these supposedly greatest of the X-Men comics
. None of them are that sophisticated, but a lot of them are fun. I like some of the 1960s stuff, too, and loved the Thomas/Adams sentinels issues, for instance.
* bundled extra: the next Mark Millar ready-made TV show comic
, with the very talented Rafael Albuquerque. Some other articles written from the PR pick up on a claim made within the press material that Millar's current title reached certain sales points without noting that they were manipulated to some degree. That has long been a part of the Mark Millar experience.
* Caitlin Rosberg talks to the creative team behind Crowded
* not comics: in case you missed this news, Anne Ishii is the best
. Any organization would be lucky to have her.
* finally, a by request extra: a cartooning paper for Columbus, Ohio
posted 1:05 am PST
Daily Blog Archives