October 4, 2012
Random Comics News Story Round-Up
* I had no idea there was a Tumblr devoted to the forthcoming Matt Fraction/Howard Chaykin collaboration set in the early days of television
. That should be pretty interesting.
* I keep forgetting to do a "go, look" link to the Andi Watson drawing tumblr "Gallimaufry Of Girls
," so I'm just going to go ahead and take care of it here.
* totally missed this Caitlin Hu review
of one of the books in the Aya
series. I disagree with it, but I like how it comes at the work knives out.
* I also totally missed this good news from Whitney Matheson
* Andrew Kunka on Grant Morrison
. Rob Clough on various comics from Records Records Records
. Andrew Shuping on Scott Pilgrim Color Edition
. Greg McElhatton on Talon #0
. Don MacPherson on Happy! #1
. John Kane on various comics
. Consuela Francis on Watchmen
* it's not so much that a comics fan wished cancer on somebody that made a comic book they didn't like
, it's the casual admission of such that amuses. "Oh, yeah. That was totally me at one point. Stupid Batman plot twist for us? Cancer for you. Harsh? Maybe. But that's how I do things."
* I always wanted someone to open up a comics shop based on the co-op model
. I don't even know what that would mean, I just sort of liked the idea.
* Sara Zarr talks to Gene Yang
* I don't know if everybody can see this, but what a great profile-picture from Gabrielle Bell
* finally, that superior link-blogger Kevin Melrose notes
that DC's bad-guys promotional program linked to Halloween is kind of weird, in part because the villains are portrayed in the comics in ways wildly inappropriate for a lot of children to process.
posted 10:00 am PST
Daily Blog Archives