October 24, 2013
Random Comics News Story Round-Up
* totally missed this AdHouse sale
of items from their closed-down distribution arm.
* the cover for the French edition of Joseph Lambert's Anne Sullivan/Helen Keller biography looks very pretty
-- hard for me to find a really good scan of that art, though. This latest should be better, though.
* oh, Noah
* egad, early Dan Clowes Eightball pages for sale
* Joe Gordon on Velvet #1
. Eve Corbel on The Song Of Roland
. Rob Kirby on March: Book One
* superior link-blogger Kevin Melrose's withering contempt in engaging a Fox News analysis criticizing The Walking Dead
is kind of funny, but this does seem to be some sort of banner week for public statements from morons.
* Ryan Holmberg talks to Vishwajyoti Ghosh
. Phil Hoad talks to Dave McKean and Neil Gaiman
. Hannah Means-Shannon talks to Bob Fingerman
* not comics: Marvel making another cartoon isn't really news
, and I have to imagine everyone that covers mainstream comics and all of the related business has already gotten into this, but it's worth noting in brief that one of Marvel's main perceived values to Disney when that company purchased it was to give it boy-properties with which to make TV shows that they could then put on the explosion of cable systems and the like all around the globe. So that seems to be going well for them.
* finally, I have never seen a photo of Randy Scott
, the mover behind the Michigan State collection.
posted 2:00 am PST
Daily Blog Archives