December 7, 2017
Random Comics News Story Round-Up
* Don MacPherson on Void Trip #1
* I'll never be able to afford pages from Los Bros or complete stories from Julie Doucet, but I know Todd Hignite is an honorable businessman and these new sales
are being down with care and respect.
* Brian Heater talks to Simon Hanselmann
* the comic in question in this article
made its way to me yesterday. I have zero familiarity with Zootopia
, so it was just sort of a weird intense comic; that it like many fan comics gains some power and needed clarity from its reference points makes total sense to me. I have no opinion about this particular comic, and what usually gets brought up is all the regular point-and-look reactions: like in addition to the regular worries expressed in relation to abortion, the child brought to term being a two-species mega-monster comes up, which is a concern one didn't see expressed in the equivalent episode of Family
. People should do art about whatever they want, and as there are some logical barriers to profiting from other folks' work, I don't worry where that takes them. At the same time, I was disgusted by the recent highjacking of Matt Furie's work for political reasons, so I still have some thinking to do here.
* finally, in case we don't get to a stand-alone article, our hearts remain with those feeling the impact of various Southern California fires
posted 1:05 am PST
Daily Blog Archives