November 23, 2012
Random Comics News Story Round-Up
* the great Frank Santoro is taking applications for his next correspondence course
, to begin in January.
* Andrew Weiss remembers Void Indigo
. That is famously a repurposed Hawkman
concept, and I always wondered if it was the first repurposed such concept to find life as an independent comics project. Probably not, but I still wonder.
* I guess those three ghosts finally visited Gary Groth
* Seth Peagler on Julius Knipl, Real Estate Photographer
. J. Caleb Mozzocco on Adventure Time Vol. 1
. Grant Goggans on Princess Knight Vol. 1
. Sean Gaffney on Shoulder-A-Coffin Kuro, Vol. 3
. Rob Clough on Little Things
. Todd Klein on different sets of various DC comics
* an entire podcast devoted to railing on people for typos
is both my kind of podcast and the podcast I fear most.
* I'm pretty sure I put a more generic entry regarding the annual CCS funding drive into the gift guide, so it's here that you'll get a link for their new capital campaign comic
, featuring the cartooning of Dakota McFadzean as inspired by the work of Jeff Kinney.
* while my primary interest in the latest wave of variant covers is the over-reliance on them by mainstream publishers in a way that might do damage to retailers, I am sort of generally interested in the audience for efforts like this one
. Are they just completists?
* nice to hear that things are returning to (near) normal for Evan Dorkin and Sarah Dyer
* finally, Johanna Draper Carlson runs a preview for Upside Down: A Vampire Tale
posted 11:00 am PST
Daily Blog Archives