December 5, 2013
Random Comics News Story Round-Up
* Chris Mautner on Woman Rebel
. Matt Derman on more 1987 comics
. Sean Gaffney on Soul Eater Vol. 17
. Paul O'Brien on Wolverine And The X-Men Annual #1
. J. Caleb Mozzocco on a bunch of different comics from the comics shop
. Henry Chamberlain on The Lengths
. Jeffrey O. Gustafson on the art change in Ten Grand #5
. Camila Barboza on Picnic Ruined
* Sean T. Collins writes at some length on Fantagraphics and PictureBox
* here's Michael Dooley talking to Ted Rall
. Here's Noah Berlatsky on Ted Rall and Daily Kos
. Here's Ted Rall on Noah Berlatsky and The Atlantic
* Hulk reject crass, cobbled-together, consumer-driven holidays
* the writer Chris Sims has a list of 10 worst comics-related holiday gifts up here
. There are some lousy gifts out there. You know what's sort of odd now that I think of it? I never got comics anything when I was a kid. I think maybe I got some rubber-dart Spider-Man web shooters for a birthday from another kid, and one year my best pal bought me some old X-Men comics from the local pawn shop, but as far as my parents making comics part of the things that were purchased for me, that never happened.
* a small group of good-looking comics publications
. For some reason, I thought Sunny
was going to end with the second volume.
* finally, here's Zainab Akhtar at some length on Thought Bubble
, which according to the way the comics Internet works was 10,000 years ago.
posted 2:00 am PST
Daily Blog Archives