December 9, 2013
Random Comics News Story Round-Up
* Andy Khouri's collections-oriented comics gift guide looks exemplary
at a first glance.
* Sarah Boxer on The Great War
. Shannon Smith on various mainstream comics
. Don MacPherson on Harley Quinn #0
. Sean Gaffney On Alice In The Country Of Clover: Cheshire Cat Waltz Vol. 7
. J. Caleb Mozzocco on Batman: The Joker's Last Laugh
. Richard Pachter on a bunch of different comics
* I'd love to know what kind of list Faith Erin Hicks would think actually constitutes having enough time to make one, because this
is a fine, lengthy list of Christmas recommendations.
* the Collective Memory we ran at CR
has already been moved to the right-hand column, but it's worth noting that J. Caleb Mozzocco wrote a bit at length about the demise of PictureBox Inc. here
, and this humorous promotional video
for final publication Infomaniacs
shows Dan Nadel referring to the company in past tense.
* where all the Wolverine comics live
* happy 10th blogging anniversary to Mike Sterling, on the Mt. Rushmore of comics bloggers
* I think I mentioned this on Twitter but failed to do so here: Bob Levin reviewed
the Ray & Joe
book that Fantagraphics puts out. That collection of Charles Rodrigues comics was kind of all by itself a reason to support the Fantagraphics kickstarter -- what a weird, wonderful thing to put out there. Bob Levin, of course, is one of the two or three great writers about comics.
has put up an accessible version of their lengthy, cover-featured Bill Watterson interview from years and years ago
, right as Watterson began to surge in popularity and before he stopped having a lot of interaction with the press. As I recall, it's best interview the cartoonist has done.
* Michael Cavna talks to Ed Piskor
* finally, KC Carlson ruminates on Matter-Eater Lad
. What a great character concept.
posted 2:00 am PST
Daily Blog Archives