December 29, 2017
Random Comics News Story Round-Up
* Sean Gaffney on UQ Holder! Vol. 12
* not comics: saw the latest Star Wars
movie over the between-holidays break. It was a Star Wars
movie. My only comics note is that they seem to be setting up a generational-shift theme, and it might behoove writers and critics to look at what Jack Kirby did with the Fourth World material in terms of that same kind of thing.
* assembled extra: congratulations to Dr. Michael Vassallo on his 50th column, this one featuring a Christmas story by the great Joe Maneely
* a near-perfect John Byrne tweet
for quickly touching all the John Byrne bases.
* not comics: Gil Roth sent along this piece
on a teacher's experience with students forced to learn to read things they might not ideally want to read, and I think there's a lot here that informs the value that difficult comics may have.
* finally: Esther Inglis-Arkelly makes a list of comics
that she felt were good but under the radar.
posted 1:05 am PST
Daily Blog Archives