March 6, 2014
The Never-Ending, Four-Color Festival: Cons And Shows
By Tom Spurgeon
* three weeks from now people will be rolling into Seattle for ECCC
and then we're off to the races. But you're starting to see people orient towards the Spring con of their choice: ECCC
and Linework NW
among them. It should be a fun Spring, with a lot of good books out at these shows. Certainly the convention model is a generally healthy one.
* if you want to start looking at anti-harassment policies, just to check in to see if how some of the Spring shows approach this issue in terms of posting guidelines, you can see ECCC's here
and I would CCI's policy here
applies to all of their show.
* it'd be nice to be in Portland this weekend, for signings with Tony Millionaire
and Gregory Benton
. Also, Portland is lovely, and one eats well there
. Hooray for Portland!
* HeroesCon continues to add guests in big gulps
, about once a week.
* Christina Blanch is featured in this feature piece
promoting the convention in Indianapolis this year.
* Trina Robbins will be on hand at TCAF
* Wizard continues to grind towards profitability with its heavy costs/reasonably heavy returns model. It's tough to process the Wizard because there are some nice people involved with some of them, and for some of those communities
* Salt Lake City will be adding a kids' pavilion
* finally, the Lakes International Comic Art Festival has a mascot family they reveal in the below poaster by Jonathan Edwards.
posted 1:25 am PST
Daily Blog Archives