February 7, 2013
The Never-Ending, Four-Color Festival: Cons, Shows, Events
By Tom Spurgeon
* Comic-Con International badges go on sale February 16
. It's a sign of the times that a sale date five months in advance of the show feels really, really late. At least to me.
* this weekend is Comic-Con India
. That event sounds like a blast. I know that Peggy Burns, Calista Brill and Jacq Cohen are part of the North American contingent on hand.
* it may just be me, but it seemed to me like hotel rooms are available at the SPX hotel on that weekend right now for what I paid for them with the con rate in 2012. Just saying.
* speaking of which, that quiet smile you feel someone out there flashing is the publishers and other big exhibitors securing hotel rooms for Comic-Con International a few weeks before other folks are able to secure them. I have to imagine that's a relief for a lot of those people, to get that out of the way.
* finally, put the SPX exhibitor registration date on your calendar: March 1
. That is a major, major show for a lot of folks, and it's a show that's not curated.
posted 2:00 pm PST
Daily Blog Archives