April 11, 2013
The Never-Ending, Four-Color Festival: Cons, Shows, Events
By Tom Spurgeon
* this weekend it's SPACE
in Columbus, Ohio -- American's next great comics city.
* here's a round-up of news
from that Fables-Con event a couple of weeks ago. I'm intrigued by the thought of specific-property conventions and specific-creator conventions.
* here's a Dundee Comics Expo report
* I missed this from a while back: the writer Brian Bendis on a then-recent store signing
. I'm all for store signings.
* in case you missed it a while back and in case I forgot to put it into a Random News between its appearance and this column, the second wave of guests announced for that Minneapolis show Autoptic is pretty great
. Minneapolis is one of our fine comics cities and one of the regional arts centers to reckon with more generally, and it should have a cool show every damn year. The number of shows one can attend in a calendar year, by the way, is becoming ridiculous, particularly if you love the superheroes and the alt-comics with some degree of fervor.
* I nearly missed this Chris Pitzer photo gallery
from the Asbury Park show.
* I never linked to this cartoon
from back in the early days of the "frustration with SPX over the exhibitor sign-up" thing. I think everyone understands and has great sympathy for how aggravating that kind of thing can be.
* finally, here's a festival in Poland
I've never heard of -- or I've heard of and then forgotten. It would be a wonderful thing to attend a comics show in Poland, I think, although depending on the festival maybe the charms of that would be lost on all but a few of us.
posted 5:00 am PST
Daily Blog Archives